Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving. Ours was full of family and food. :) We spent the day with my in-laws. Including Bran's 98 year old grandmother. Isn't that amazing? I brought some food to share including a pumpkin cheesecake and an apple pie. Both were demolished.

Now we're busy on-line shopping for Black Friday. I'm so not a crowd person so I'm so not going out today. Besides, it's raining.

I know I promised in my last post to share pictures of the three quilts I finished. Obviously, I haven't done that. I still promise to share. I've been a little distracted over the last two weeks by my little old wiener dog. She'd been getting skinny, and slow, and having a hard time with the back legs. So I took her to the vet last week. It was a hard appointment. He spoke those words no fur baby parent wants to hear. "It's time to let her go". Her heart was going. I took her home and we spent 3 days hoping for a miracle before I called the vet back make the appointment. Then we had the weekend with her. Tuesday Bran and I took her to the vet. It was the only time I've ever taken her to the vet that she wasn't scared. That helped. Maybe she knew, maybe she was ready, I'm still not ready. :( But, she went peacefully and looked so happy that it made me angry with myself that I'd let her get so sick and slow. Anyways it's been a sad week. Here's a little picture of my old lady.


4 comments:

Miss Quoted said...

I am so sorry about your Doxie, my first dog ever was a wonderful Doxie named Trixie, and I don't think I have ever really let go out of her. what's best for our fur family often doesn't seem to be what is easiest or best for us. I'm glad you were able to do the right thing by her. ... we're thinking of you

mab said...

So sorry to hear about your sweetie. But, thanks for making a tough decision that kept her from suffering. Thinking of you in this hard time!

Donna S. said...

Aww. That is such a hard thing. But you did her right. So sorry for your loss.

MissM said...

I just found your blog through Flickr :) I know that it is a while out from when you wrote this post but my heart still goes out to you. I went through the same thing about the same time as you with my greyhound. I'm happy for you that she looked peaceful at the end. <3