Sunday, August 8, 2010

Christmas in July

What you say? It's not Christmas or July? lol.

First here's a little present to myself. :) I'm so ready to jump into a couple of projects from both books, but first I'm finishing up some other work.

The other projects I'm working on are both Christmas projects. Please forgive me for being that person who works on Christmas projects in the summer. I actually started piecing the quilt on the frame, below, last Christmas. My parents had come to visit and my mother wanted me to help her with a quilt. So, we both selected fabrics from my HUGE Christmas stash and made our own quilt tops. We got hers pieced, quilted, and bound before she had to go. Mine got pieced. Now, before the Christmas rush, I'm getting it quilted.

Today I started piecing another Mod Bento Box. This time it's not a swap, it's all me. I wanted to make a larger quilt than the last Mod Bento Box, but that's not going to happen...well at this point in the process it's not going to happen. That last Mod Bento Box has become my favorite quilt. So, of course, I've got to make a million more. :)

2 comments:

Kaelin said...

Love it!

I thought of you the other day because I bought my first batch of Christmas fabrics! I'm going to make a tree skirt because it's been naked for 4 years.

Eily said...

lol. I have too much Christmas fabric. Lucky for me though, when my mom comes to visit she usually ends up stealing my Christmas fabric. :)

I can't wait to see your tree skirt!