Saturday, September 17, 2011

California Girl

While I was neglecting my blog over the summer I got a couple of quilts completed. 

I know I'd blogged a little, at least that I was selecting fabric, about the quilt I was making for my friend, Jana.  I visited her back in May and she asked that I make her a lap sized quilt using some Robert Kaufman fat quarters that she had purchased.  I took the fat quarters home and dug through my stash to find fabrics that complemented the fabrics she had given me.  I used Fresh Lemons' Lemon Squares quilt pattern.  The finished quilt was totally adorable and Jana loves it.


I thought I'd at least blogged about selecting the fabric for this next quilt - but no - I had blogged nothing.  Not only is it now complete, but I've been napping under it for the last four weeks.  Ha!  I nicknamed this quilt "California Girl" because it reminds me of home.  :) 


The finished quilt is big enough for a twin bed, allowing me to make patches large enough to really appreciate the prints.  A large number of the prints in this quilt came from my "OMG I love this fabric" pile of my hoard.  Heather Ross, Elizabeth House, Amy Butler, and other favorites designers are all included in this quilt.

There are a couple other quilts I'm currently working on, including quilting the Christmas Mod Bento Box top that my mom and I made while she was visiting.  I've also pulled fabrics for a couple of fall inspired quilts.  Since I'm totally in love with how "California Girl" came out that I think I'm going to do both of the fall quilts the same way.

2 comments:

Miss Quoted said...

okay, I love the fresh lemon thing ... the colors are amazing so cheerful!

I wish to see a "bento box" when I visit!

Jana said...

I do, I do LOVE my quilt! I have washed it a few times and it is getting softer and softer with every wash. Thank you so much Kay-K! Loves ya!