Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sick!

I've been feeling a little under the weather the last week or so. Generally sleepy, low grade fever, and congestion. I've been chalking it up to the change in the weather and allergies.

But today topped all of that. In fact it was pretty near as bad as when I got the chicken pox at like 25.

The day started out normal. I drove to New Orleans to do some training at City Hall, hosted my training, and headed home. On my way home I stopped at Macy's, because I don't usually have the time to stop when I'm on the south shore. But, I cut my stop short because I started feeling bad. At first it I thought it was just Aunt Flo, she came to visit yesterday, but it started getting worse. So I left and about halfway across the Causeway I'm sick. Totally completely sick. I call the hubby just so he knows if I don't make it home he's got to go look for me. I sped home, hoping not to get pulled over, "parked" the car, and left everything in the car. Sweet sweet hubby brought all my stuff in while I peeled off soaking wet sweaty clothes. Ya, that sick. I had the AC on full blast and still sweat the whole way across the lake. I couldn't lay down, I couldn't sit up, I couldn't stand. I probably should have gone to the ER, but I just KNEW that if I could throw up I'd feel better. So when I finally fell asleep I slept for 5 hours and woke up feeling much more normal. I'm still feeling pretty pooky and if I'm this far from normal tomorrow I'm going to the doctor.

Hope this post isn't too much of a downer.

If you need something more exciting here's an awesome interview with Cherri House and give-away at my friend, Angela's, blog: Cut to Pieces. :)

4 comments:

mab said...

Feel better soon! And don't quilt while you feel like puking....

Eily said...

Thanks hun. I'm not up to doing much more than sitting here on the couch and ask the hubby to get me water. :D The quilts are safe...except maybe the ones on the couch...

Angela said...

ugh! that sounds horrible! I hope that you are feeling better soon! You're too cute to put my giveaway at the end of that very descriptive story. LOL.

Eily said...

lol - I thought my readers needed something more exciting than my sick story. :D