Saturday, September 11, 2010

Another Finished Quilt!

Look what I finished last night!

The New Orleans Modern Quilt Guild had a free sew today and I took this sweetie to show off. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this quilt. I've got a Christmas Mix-Tape quilt that I made last year and I've pieced a Christmas Mod Bento Box that's next in line for quilting. So, this one might end up a gift. Or not. lol.

I'm also kind of at a cross roads. I've finished piecing my MMBII squares and they're off in the mail for swap. So, it's time to start a new project. I'm just don't know what. There are a couple projects that I've started that I probably should finish, but I just don't feel like it: Scratch 'n Sniff and my Halloween Spiderweb. And, I've got some quilts in mind that I'd like to start: Rocky Road to Kansas scrap quilt and a Double Wedding Ring made of vintage sheets. The nieces also want quilts.

Reluctantly, but only because I'm lacking motivation today, I started another small quilt of donated scraps. That one shouldn't take long to complete though.

Oh, and I joined A la Mode's quilt as you go quilt along. I think I might do some work on that. Though I might use this quilt along as an excuse for diving into some of my more traditional Christmas novelty fabric and playing with free motion quilting. Do you think that would be OK? Or, should I stick with the modern quilting fabrics that Heather's using?

2 comments:

Angela said...

I think that it's the perfect opportunity to work with your christmas fabrics. I think that Heather likes a certain look, but you are free to make the quilt you want with the fabrics you want and love. Plus, it's always a bonus to use your stash...you know, because then you have to buy more ;)

Eily said...

OOOh, true. I think I'm gonna just dive in and do this thang. :)