Sunday, September 2, 2012

Isaak

This week we had a friend visit us named Isaak.  He brought with him 100mph wind gusts, tons and tons of rain, and he frakked the hell out of our power for 30 hours.

I'm not one of those people that is bored to death when faced with days of power failure.  In fact, I kinda look forward to it.  So, while some were bored to tears I was quietly celebrating the chance to read, play my piano, and sew on my great grandmother's sewing machine.  That's right - hurricane Isaak didn't keep me from machine piecing some quilt blocks.
Besides the hurricane we had a couple of other exciting things happen around here since I last posted.  One is that Bran and I got a new kitten.  We named her Bo and I'm looking forward to calling her all sorts of crazy things as she gets older.  You know, names like Bo-gers, Bo-truckle, Bo-dacious, Bo-diddly, Bo-jangles, Bo-ba Fett.  You get the idea. 
Another exciting thing is that my friend, Brad, asked me to start a blog centered around food and drink with him.  We call it Cast Iron Stomach and his posts are very fabulous, while mine - well mine are definitely "Karen".  lol.

No comments: