Thursday, June 23, 2011

Trashy Novels

Did I mention that I was going to lay off the bento boxes while I got some other projects completed. I did? I lied. I'm super addicted to them! Someday I might get sick of them - but I'm not yet so I'll just ride the wave of scraptacular fun while it lasts!


These are for the New Orleans Modern Quilt Guild swap. I've got 11 of 24 blocks completed so far. I have a feeling that I'm going to end up making 100 of them. :D I've been thinking about making a Halloween/fall bento quilt. Maybe I'll start pulling fabrics this weekend.

I spent the afternoon yesterday making my block for Bee Modern Too. This month we were asked to make a book shelf block, and I'm in love. Wouldn't a whole book shelf quilt be adorable?

I call the book in the middle "the trashy novel about two cats and a fish".


Christmas pickles is almost done with the quilting part. I really can't wait to see what it looks like all bound and washed. Maybe I'll get the quilting done this weekend so I can start in on that binding/washing part.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love the name of this post! And what a super cute book ;)

I keep thinking about working on my bento boxes. Now that I've finished four quilts, I should be able to get some other projects done. ;)

Candice said...

So fun!! I've never made a bento block- maybe I shouldn't if they are this addicting :) hehe! I love your fabrics and colors you picked- so wonderful! And the book block is wonderful!! I so want to make one of these- the book in the middle is the best :)