Friday, February 4, 2011

Spring and Christmas (Quilts)

I'm starting a new quilt top! It's going to be a gift for and old friend. Not that the friend is old - because if I call her old then I'm calling myself old and I know I'm not old. lol. No, old as in we've known each other since we were six. She and I have had our ups and downs - actually recently we had a pretty serious down. I came to my own realization recently that I did want her in my life as a friend. Not only because she'd do anything for a friend, but also because she's one of a very small group of people that know just about everything there is to know about me. Despite that, she still calls me a friend. That alone speaks volumes.

So enough mushy crap.

I pulled the fabric for the new quilt on Monday and just started cutting last night. I've got all the small pieces cut. Now I've got to cut the larger pieces and the sashing. The plan is to have all my cutting done today so that I can sit down and start in on the sewing part. :)



Before I start cutting the rest of the fabric this afternoon though, I'm going to get my quilting frame set up so that I can quilt the Christmas Bento top I just completed. I'd really like to get the Christmas Bento quilted up by tomorrow evening. If that happens then I can work on the binding during the Super Bowl. :)

Oh, and today is my daddy's birthday. Happy Birthday Daddy!

3 comments:

Kaelin said...

WHAT? Christmas bento quilted THIS WEEKEND?!?! JOY JOY JOY!!!

And I hear ya with the "thanks for being my friend" quilts ;)

P.S. I like where your head's at with those prints. I could eat those little squares right up!

Angela said...

I'll second the wanting to eat up your fabrics. Yum!

Susie said...

Hi Eily found your blog love the colours and the quilts. Love quilting here in Derbyshire, England, but only just started so still learning. I do have a blog here. Susie
http://derbyshiresusiesworld.blogspot.com