Saturday, February 12, 2011

Productive Saturday

It's Saturday and I'm getting stuff done. Woohoo! :)

All the squares for Robin's quilt have been pieced. 88 squares total. I'm totally looking forward to getting this top completed. Can you see why? Look how fabulous it's going to be! All bright and ready for spring. I've nick-named this quilt the Hello Pickles quilt. Robin HATES pickles. The hate is so strong that I've chased her with pickles while she runs screaming in horror since we were six. Great fun for me - less fun for her.

Besides finishing the blocks for the Hello Pickles quilt, I got the Christmas quilt I've been working on since November on the quilting frame and started the quilting process. I love these Mod Bento Box Christmas quilts. I'm thinking about making a Halloween version.

This Saturday has been pretty productive, but not productive enough. I've got to work on some Bee Modern Too blocks, both this month's and last month's need to be completed. I'm still waiting on some fabric for January's blocks, that's a pretty good excuse for being late, right? OK, maybe not, but the fabric I'm waiting for is a linen blend that should give the blocks some great texture, so I'm still waiting. For this month's blocks I just haven't gotten the spur of inspiration I've been waiting for. I hate to start before the inspiration hits, but I can't wait too long...

3 comments:

Angela said...

both quilts look gorgeous karen! how wide a quilt can you do on that quilting frame?

Eily said...

72" is the widest I can do with my current setup. I think I can get it wider, but I don't have enough table space to set it up any larger. :)

Eily said...

OMG - that's what she said.