Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Project

Last post I said I was going to participate in the latest Oh, Fransson quilt along. I purchased a jelly roll of Robert Kaufman pastels and thought I'd use vintage sheets. But, once the jelly roll was delivered I realized how nice it would look with some Munki Munki. So, I'm working on some ideas that will show my Munki Munki off (and some other Heather Ross I had stashed) and use the pastel jelly roll. I think I'll start cutting tomorrow. :)

The funny thing is, once I laid out all my Munki Munki fabric I realized that most of the fabrics relate to me personally. Not so much the regular Heather Ross, though I do love them all, but the Munki Munki fabric in particular.

My mom mailed me quilt top this week that she'd like me to quilt and bind for her. Guess I've got to get that started as well. She's also leaving it to me to get backing, binding, and batting for the quilt as well. Oh well, it's not like I needed an excuse to buy more fabric! :D

3 comments:

Heather said...

OMGosh!!! Such a cute blog and I can't wait to see your Munki Munki goodness!! :)

XO, Heather

Wendy said...

What a great idea, can't wait to see it come to life!

manuela said...

Hi Eily
thanks for stopping by the other day! I just started the O, Fransson quilt along over the weekend, too! Love the fabrics you picked!
Manuela