Sunday, January 10, 2010

Here's to 2010!


I sure felt like I'd accomplished more than 10 quilts in 2009. In my defense though, I had pieced at least 2 large sized quilt tops that are still to be quilted. I'm currently working on quilting one of those two and the other is on the list to be completed next. So, those will be included in the completed quilts of 2010 group. lol.

In the next week or so I'm going to participate in another "Oh Fransson" quilt along. I just LOVE the look of her quilts. :) In fact the "Mix Tape" quilts that I've pieced 3 of in 2009 and helped my mom piece at Christmas this year are her design. I'm planning on using Jelly Rolls in pastels and vintage sheets for the blocks. Since the first quilt along I participated in I've become a huge fan of the vintage sheets. I'm totally loving the total 70's vibe they have. :) I'm kinda missing that avocado green stove and oven I had in Corpus Christi! I knew then they'd be in vogue again someday. lmao.

So in the first week of January I made the adorable baby quilt posted below. I thought I'd give it as a gift, but I think I'll be posting it for sale instead in my Etsy shop. I'm not sure that the recipient would have appreciated it. You know the type...


I turn 40 tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm ready for it.

8 comments:

K13 said...

oh i love the quilt - it's absolutely adorable!! If my little guy was still itty bitty I'd love to buy it.

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! I'm going to do the quilt a long too, the jelly rolls I ordered are on back order, but I have some Kona solids in my stash I'll work with for now. I love her quilts too, and the ones you've made from her patterns are gorgeous!
Beautiful baby quilt,and yes I know what you mean, some people don't appreciate how much work/time goes into a handmade quilt.

Eily said...

Hey Wendy! I'm not sure why I'm not being notified of comments. lol. I started the quilt along, but I don't love my blocks this time so I've kinda stopped that project, at least for now. boo. :)

Quilts on Bastings said...

Hi, I just stumbled across your blog. I love the quilts you made in 2009. I'll look forward to seeing your 2010 quilts.

Eily said...

Thanks!

Linda said...

I absolutely adore your quilt! Love the birds, colors, white, etc. And I like the colors on your blog. Unique, not what you usually see. Thanks for sharing. Come visit me: amaidenhairfern@blogspot.com

Linda said...

Even though I can't seem to keep my fabric purchasing under control, MUST have some of this fabric! Who makes it?
Thanks!

Eily said...

Thanks, Linda! I was just thinking about changing the blog up to something more bland, but after your nice comment I'll keep it this way - at least for a little while longer. lol.

I'm assuming that you're asking about the chicken fabric? It's "Robert Kaufman Metro Market Chickens". I got it as part of a scraps pack I purchased on Etsy last year - so, I'm not sure if it's avavailable or not still.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! :)