Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well I don't have anything new to post as far as my projects. I'm working slowly on a couple of things, but I'm really focusing on a quilt my mother made. She made the quilt top and shipped it to me to back, quilt, and bind. It's totally not my taste - but it's cute. Maybe I'll share when it's done.

Meanwhile though I did take a stab at royal icing! I made the cookie dough, then left in in the fridge for a week. lol. When I did get to the cutting, baking, and icing step Bran wanted to help. Actually we did the whole thing in short bursts. Letting the cookies cool completely and letting the icing dry before moving on the next step. It really wasn't as time consuming as I thought it would be - so we'll be icing more cookies in the future. Bran's not really artistic, but his cookies were fun and whimsical. Fun times. :)

Happy Valentine's Day, Lunar New Year, and Mardi Gras! :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like they turned out great!
I've never made royal icing before either, I'll have to try it. How did you get him to decorate cookies? Mine only likes to eat them...

Eily said...

LOL! Actually it was really easy. He heard me in the kitchen and he came in to see what was up! I'm rolling out dough and he's like - let me do it! Then he's cutting them out and everything. After they cooled he heard me again in the kitchen making the icing and he "runs" in all excited. He's a funny one. He really wanted to decorate those cookies! So, I let him! I think it might have reminded him of helping his mom in the kitchen, which I understand he did alot. Anyways - it was fun. :)