Saturday, June 20, 2009

Little Lambs

I finished baby quilt #6 last night. The baby shower is tomorrow and I had actually scheduled myself as finishing the binding today - so I'm ahead of schedule! Yay me. Obviously the baby's name is going to be Kate. I found the little lambs on Flickr, adjusted them a little to fit my idea, then found a free font, put the two together and voila, cute baby embroidery pattern. The rest of the quilt is whole cloth and quilted in my usual free motion quilting style. Cute, don't you think?

Tomorrow is both the baby shower and father's day. Lucky for me, my mother-in-law and Bran's grandmother were invited to the shower as well. So, we're all going to travel together. After the shower I'll host father's day at my house for the in-laws. I figured I'll serve steaks: I'll make Bran grill them, broccoli: steamed in the nuker for a couple minutes, German Potato Salad: I'll whip that up this afternoon, and home-made strawberry ice-cream: I'll get that going this afternoon - all that, it should be pretty easy - and basically all done before tomorrow. :)

Happy Father's Day everyone!

No comments: