Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Started the Quilt-Along

Today I started cutting and quilting for the Oh, Fransson Mod Sampler Quilt-Along. I like the soft colors and flowers of these vintage linens. I've attached photos: above block A, below block B. Yes, some of these linens are less vintage than others, but I think they blend together very nicely. I purchased 38 total vintage linen fat quarters so I have plenty enough to make more quilts. I found a quilt pattern on-line last week called Urban Comfort that I may use more of these vintage linens for.

I have a real soft spot for cheesy Christmas fabric. So, I may do another one of these Mod Sampler quilts using some of my crazy stash of Christmas fabric.

Tonight is the dress rehearsal for the Tulane Symphony spring concert. I'm really not in the mood to drive across the lake for the third time this week...and I have to do it again tomorrow for the concert. Think anyone would miss the ringer violist for the dress rehearsal? I should probably go... on a good note for today I've lost 1.8 lbs this week per my Jenny Craig counselor. Only 75 more lbs to go...lol.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oooh, I really like yours too!! (And your pinwheel baby quilts!) Thanks for your lovely comment.