Sunday, August 10, 2008

Reupholstered

I took a break from watching the Olympics 24/7 with my husband today to reupholster my piano bench. Over the last 20 years or so it had gotten pretty abused looking. I'm really not surprised that it got so bad looking since it's moved about 5 times and 3 states in the last 20 years. So here it is - before and after. I think it looks pretty good!

Today I also pressed the fabric for the piece I'm working on as a Christmas gift this year and got it attached to it's stretcher bars. I was going to see if I couldn't copy the design of this piece since I think it would look very nice done in soft colors as a shabby chic piece, or even in more earthy tones for my taste. Alas - I'm not sure if it's possible to copy this piece so it might just be a one of a kind in my repertoire of handcrafts.

This week I spent some time purchasing some fabric. I'm kinda in the quilting mood again. Actually, I'm more in the piecing mood and less in the quilting part. Lol. It might be possible to talk my husband into a quilting machine - but I'm not going to work that yet...






No comments: