Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Presently Again

So I finally got this cross-stitch in the mail and off to Jim! This is the piece I finished about 2 months ago...I was going to send it for Halloween, but I love giving gifts (almost as much as I love getting gifts) so I couldn't wait to send it. Then I found out that Jim's birthday was this month...perfect reason to send it! So, here it is!

I haven't gotten very much done this month. Maybe I have too many things going at once - but I haven't worked on any of them so that's not really an excuse for not finishing anything. lol. So, I guess I need to decide to work on something and focus on that for a little while.

Funny thing - me talking about having too many things going on at once because I'm thinking about learning how to play the viola da gamba. I play the viola - and no they're not that much alike despite the similarities in their names. Now I have to find someone in the area that may be able to help me. I understand that there was a woman that played the viola da gamba in the area before Katrina - but everyone I've talked to recently isn't sure if she's even around any longer. I've got a couple of numbers to see if I can't track someone down, so I guess I'll make that my next project - finding someone that can help me learn how to play the viola da gamba.

1 comment:

Jim Webb said...

Now I want to make one! I can't tell you how long I sat and stared at all the detail. I shudder to think of how long this must have taken you to do. And I'm so glad you decided to send it early because it made a really, REALLY special birthday gift. Thanks again. You saved the (b)day!

Jim