Thursday, July 3, 2008

Early Holiday

Bran and I had the day off today. Nothing like a four day weekend to get you all caught up on sleep and laundry! Ok, so I didn't do much sleeping, but I am doing laundry and I spent some time reading. I used to LOVE to read! I still do, I just don't read as much as I used to.

Also completed today was patching Diane's doll! Yay! She's completely patched and cleaned. Next step is undies and stockings. I'm still planning on making the corset/stand that I wrote about last post.

Speaking of dolls, I got to thinking this morning about all the green ware in my garage. I need to start cleaning and firing some porcelain. I so hate cleaning green ware though, and I'm too OC to let someone else do it for me. Guess I'll have to suffer through and get to cleaning. I've got a couple of Santa's I started cleaning last year. Maybe I'll pull those guys out and see how much work is left on them. Getting started on Santa now isn't such a bad idea - then he'll be done by Christmas time. At least that's the plan.

Earlier this morning I spent some more time scanning and posting family photographs to Flickr. The one posted to this blog entry is of my grandmother, taken in 1923, when she was 18 years old. Isn't she a cutie? There are some beautiful photographs of her. Of course I think all photographs of her are beautiful. Have I ever mentioned that she is one of my favorite people? Thinking about her makes me smile. Not to leave other friends and family out, I love them all, but there was some special bond between my grandmother Spore and me.

No comments: