Monday, January 17, 2011

Back to "Real Life"

So here I am trying to get back into the swing of "real life". I love everything about the Christmas season. Everything. But, it's always a struggle for me to get back to my usual routines. However, this year has been better than most.

Tonight I go back to rehearsals for the New Orleans Civic Symphony and Tulane Symphony rehearsals begin again Sunday. Rehearsal schedules are how I define "real life". It's when the rehearsal schedules start up again that my time seems to just slip away from me. In preparation for the upcoming time suck I got a couple more squares completed for the Christmas Mod Bento Box that I'm making for a friend. Two more squares and then I've just got to cut them up and put them back together as a quilt top. I'm so close to done with the quilt top I can taste it. In fact I'm so close to done that I may finish up the last two squares before I go to rehearsal this evening.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm going to spend some time finishing up other projects...maybe even start projects that are not quilting related. But first I've got one more quilt that I need to make for another good friend and I joined a bee. So, I'm still quilting after all. :) Ya, I'm a mess. :D

3 comments:

Kaelin said...

I can almost taste it too...the sweet sweet taste of victory! You will be mine Christmas quilt...oh yes, you will be mine!!!!

Miss Quoted said...

Okay, I making christmas ornmaments for friends next year, and I was wondering where you got all this cute Christmas fabric! I would love to have some for the backing.

Eily said...

Hey Marika! I've gotten most of my Christmas fabrics at Hancock Fabrics or on-line. I totally hoard it though, and have Christmas fabric that's been in my stash for 20 years...eek! I'm gonna drop you a real e-mail...