Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

Happy Halloween friends! Here's my mantle all decorated up for the occasion. :) It looks better in the dark, but dark isn't the best for taking photos. I'd heard a rumor that there would be kids trick-or-treating yesterday instead of today. That rumor was correct. After about 100 trick-or-treaters, all by 7:30, we were out of candy. I've never run out of candy on Halloween ever. Never ever. Here we are the day BEFORE Halloween and I'm out. We ended up raiding the pantry and found a value pack of individual serving potato chips. Those last few kids that came to the door after we turned off the porch light got chips...and they were actually excited about it. lmao. So, we went out and bought more candy this morning. It's now 7:30 on Halloween and we haven't had one, not ONE, trick-or-treater. Now we're gonna have left over candy. Grrrrr...

Today I quilted up my Mod Bento Box II quilt top. Since I both work and go to rehearsal tomorrow the binding will have to wait until Tuesday. I'm excited to have this full sized "napping" quilt completed. :)

Last weekend the New Orleans Modern Quilt Guild had a retreat weekend. I love this group! We're all crazy and everyone is extremely talented. It's a great great group. (Sorry Lana for not getting you in this shot.) We spent the weekend laughing, eating, watching Glee, sewing, and not sleeping. lmao. I understand we're already talking about our next retreat. :)

7 comments:

Miss Quoted said...

your talk of the quilting guild makes me insanely jealous... and so does your mantle as well ...

Cherie said...

Love, love, love that top! And I can't wait until the next retreat :)

Eily said...

Marika, maybe we should start our own primitive cross stitch guild. :)

Cherie, thanks so much! I found a couple other "spots" but it's so fantastically scrappy that I've chosen to ignore them. I'm now totally hooked on scrap quilts. I'm totally looking forward to the next retreat...that was a blast!

beki said...

Hi there! It's my first time here...I forgot what i was googling, but somehow I landed here. I'm a La. girl, so happy to have found another local :-) I'm jealous of your quilt quild...perhaps I should get on that in Baton Rouge (or I could just drive down there :-)) Anyway, nice to "meet" you!

Eily said...

Hey Beki! Glad you found your way here. :) If there's not a modern quilt guild in Baton Rouge you're welcome to check out our group. (There's a link to the guild web-site in my sidebar.) We've got a member or two in the Baton Rouge area, so I'm sure you'd be welcome if you're interested in our group. :)

Kaelin said...

We visited my aunt and uncle's new condo on the beach in Gulfport this weekend...omg! It's freaking GORGEOUS. It's on the 7th floor overlooking the ocean and has HUGE windows and a big patio with a table, a few chairs, and they said they're gonna put a hammock out there!

I don't wanna invite myself over to their new condo, but mom and I are gonna ask them next year if they'd mind letting us use it for our next retreat. I thought we could make them a "thank you" quilt if they say yes!

Alexandra said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog (saw the giveaway). Can you tell me more about your quilting set up?