Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Surprise Quilt

I found a quilt shop in my area last week. All the quilting and sewing I've been doing lately and I hadn't bothered until last week to see if I had a local quilt shop. I've already spent a load of money in the shop and I've only been in twice. Though in my defense I purchased a quilting frame for my machine, so that was an investment. Hopefully it will help me be twice as productive.

This morning I went in with a quilt top that I finished about a month ago. I've been looking for quilt backing, but just haven't been happy with what I've found. I finally just bought some muslin in desperation, ugh so boring. There are no pictures posted yet of the quilt top because it's a surprise, but here's a little sneak peek at what I found this morning for the back. I went in looking for something mundane but interesting...was about to give up when I spotted this. Mundane: Fail!

Please don't think I've gone insane.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, thats pretty cool, what is the scale of the fabric? I'm thinking the circles must be about 10" in diameter?! Whatever the size, very fun!

Eily said...

Oh yeah - those crazy bright circles range from 8" to 12" in diameter. They're crazy cool. Thanks for commenting!