Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good Day!

Despite the fact that I couldn't sleep last night and got only 2 hours of sleep before the alarm woke me up in the morning for work, today was a really good day! I blame the lack of sleep on an over busy mind. I have a documentation project due, our office is moving, most of us are going to start working from home (my husband and me included), and we're going on a cruise to Alaska all within the next 4 weeks - so I have alot on my mind. Last night was one of those nights when you just lay there and the mind just keeps running. I even got up and did a couple of the things that were occupying my mind, doing that usually lets me relax and sleep, but not last night.

I finished a quilt that's been in the works for the last 10 years last night. That was a really good feeling. The quilt started as a gift for a friend. One of those friends that you feel compelled to do things for. I usually stay away from those kind of friends, but she was a friend that I made back when we were like 5. Anyways, I started the quilt and actually had it pieced and sandwiched 10 years ago. I wanted to free motion quilt it, but just never could get the hang of it, and it is a HUGE quilt. I was really frustrated because I'd buy quilting books or check quilting books out from the library and they'd all just complete a quilt by saying "now quilt it by machine or hand". Lots of instructions on blocks and binding but nothing on quilting. I was frustrated about it for 10 years. Finally I did some research on the internet, bought a darning foot, practiced a little, then took on the giant quilt from hell. It's now done but I'm no longer in touch with the original recipient. So this afternoon I called my mom and asked her if she wanted it. My lucky mom.

Today was also a good mail day! I got a copy of Antique Doll Collector, accessories for my new phone, and some fabric I ordered from A La Mode on Etsy. Check out this mail box booty!

And here's a little lagniappe...a peak at what I'm currently working on. My Mod Sampler Quilt, which is pieced and needs to be quilted and bound, a zig-zag baby quilt, and a diamond baby quilt. :)

1 comment:

Jana Edwards said...

Okay, So you could have called me and I would have GLADLY taken the quilt off your hands LOL!!! Your Mom is truly lucky!